Friday, November 13, 2009

Ooh la la, viva Brazil!

Every Brazilian I've ever met has been a dancer. Not professionally, necessarily... but put on a CD, or even just indulge in some absent-minded off-key humming, and they're wiggling their hips on the nearest tabletop. They're also the inventors of tequila, the caipirinha, and a vicious 80-proof sugar cane syrup called cachaca, but I'm sure that is completely unrelated to the tabletop dancing.

There have been times - don't ask me to recall details - when the combination of such dancing and drunkenness has led to me not quite knowing how I left the office and ended up half-clothed and semi-comatose on a South American beach curled up in Javier Bardem's arms... OK, maybe I dreamed that last part.

But put these things together - dancing, beaches, Javier Bardem and mind-crushing liquors - and you get the kind of party today's shoes were made for. Oh, the buttery tan leather! The cute stacked heel! The palm imprint on the sole! These are summer shoes, just-add-sundress shoes. And unlike most modern shoes, the heel is actually solid enough to allow activities like, oh, you know, walking and dancing. Yes, footwear industry, I'm talking to you.

Wanna see what I'm so excited about? Deets below, & photos are up on the auction over at TradeMe:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Clothing/Womenswear/Footwear/Size-6-65/auction-253789063.htm

You can also follow me on Twitter, if you can stand to see talk of vintage finds reduced to 140 characters or less:
http://twitter.com/vintagemadam

Anyway, assuming my foot-binding attempts fail, these dancin' heels will be sold to a lucky smaller-tootsied lass in the next week. Sigh.

That's it for today Madamettes,
Whippingly yours,
The Vintage Madam.




Size on label: 6 1/2 B
Label: Catleia
Condition: Lightly worn, still very wearable :)
Fabric: Tan leather, stacked heel
Closure: Ankle strap with buckle
Length: 24 cm
Features: Woven-look, peep toe

No comments:

Post a Comment