Monday, November 23, 2009

Mondays

Mondays. We all hate 'em. It's not just day-one-of-five psychology, either. I swear there are more meetings on Mondays. Public transportation is busier, and smellier. The skies are gloomier. The gods themselves frown upon us from on high, bearing their lightning bolts to rain down upon the wicked and the bored... OK, perhaps that's an exaggeration. But you can forgive my mind for some unrestrained wandering after a day of endless paperwork and Office Space-style TPS reports.

I do, however, have a secret Monday-beating technique. A weekly ritual so sunny, so effervescently adorable, that every time I perform it, I expect puppies to jump at my feet and Doris Day to appear at my side, singing wistfully into the distance. Are you ready? Here is the Monday prescription:
1. Dress in hoop skirt, ballet flats, and plenty of red ribbons.
2. Pick flower from nearby garden to twirl distractedly near mouth
3. Lean against old-fashioned lamppost
4. Wait for beautiful boy in crisp shirt to also lean against lamppost
5. "Accidentally" touch shoulders
6. Live happily every after.

Admittedly, numbers 4 through 6 rely on some measure of good luck. But it happened once, I swear! He was perfect: tall and neat, broad but ever-so-slightly willowy, like Rob Pattinson minus the disturbing "century old vampire" thing. We leaned, we touched shoulders, we lived happily ever after... well, at least until he mentioned he was waiting for his fiance.

But still I keep the faith! And now, like a character in one of those chicken soup stories, I pay it forward. Today, I present you the opportunity to hold the hope of such a moment in your purse. This delightful vintage cherry-red printed handkerchief depicts my exact Monday cure, and as an added bonus, if the boy doesn't show up, you can blow your nose on his picture. Come on chickadees, it's win-win.

Deets below, pics at TradeMe: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Clothing/Womenswear/Accessories/Other/auction-255865728.htm

And don't forget to let me Tweet you (that never stops sounding dirty): http://twitter.com/vintagemadam

Love and Fridays,
The Vintage Madam.

PS. If the boys don't stay of their own volition, try handcuffing one to the lamppost. He might not even complain!



Condition: Almost perfect; a teency bit of fraying on the bottom edge
Measurements: 28cm x 28cm
Features: 1950s romance print; cherry red colour

No comments:

Post a Comment